The purpose of this two-day class is to train technicians on how to properly utilize diagnostic capabilities on modern appliances to assist with troubleshooting and ensure accurate issue identification. Topics covered will include:
- Troubleshooting components from the control board
- Using diagnostic/service mode to isolate component failure and check for voltage/current flow
- Using a multi-meter/ testing equipment properly and to its FULL potential
- How to read schematics properly in order to test components
- An introduction to GE’s “Smart HQ” diagnostics app
- How to use diagnostic info to improve job selling
Students will receive classroom and hands-on training on a variety of appliance makes, models and types and will receive individualized instruction, allowing them to emerge from the training with a better understanding of diagnostics features and how they can help to improve selling and customer service skills and make for a more proficient technician.
Dyer Appliance Academy is one of a very limited number of options for R600 refrigerant training. At our R600 school, technicians will be trained on the differences between R134a and R600 systems and will learn how to properly and safely diagnose and repair those units utilizing Vulkan’s Lokring system. Requests for service on R600 systems is on the rise as these units age. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be one of the few service providers able to answer these requests. Our R600 refrigerant training will prepare you do so.