There are many challenges involved in attempting to train on-the-job. The lack of structure and consistency can make teaching difficult for the trainer and frustrating for the trainee. Technicians tasked with training new hires are being given a responsibility that is potentially distracting and can slow down productivity.
We understand that a degree of trust is required to make an investment in having someone train your technician.
We are supremely confident in our ability to provide a new technician with a solid foundation of skills in appliance repair that can be built upon to foster a productive employee.
Our reputation has earned the trust of major appliance manufacturers such as Samsung and Fisher & Paykel as well as numerous service companies to provide training to their new technicians. Let us be the service you trust to train your new technicians as well.
- At $15/hour, on-the-job training for a new technician could end up costing over $10,000 in wages and take over 6 months before completion.
- A new technician who is riding with an experienced technician is an expense as he/she is not earning for the business.
- On-the-job training provides for a sub-optimal learning environment. The lack of structure along with the added pressure of trying to learn on a paying customer’s machine can lead to frustration and disengagement.
- Tasking a senior technician with training is a distraction that reduces productivity.
- We can reduce the time and cost to train a new technician significantly
- A dedicated learning environment increases engagement and retention and provides students with a way to learn without the fear of making a mistake that will cost the service provider.
- In two-weeks, we can accomplish what would take 4-5 months with on-the-job training.
- Our small class sizes allow for more one on one assistance.
- Our lab includes a full range of appliance makes and models.