Instructional Designer, Major Appliance Repair
For more than 25 years, Asurion has been a leader in innovation, not only in the tech solutions industry, but in creating a culture where employees feel valued.
We help people do more with their technology and stay connected on all of their devices. We provide our customers with simple, helpful advice to get the most from their technology, assistance to fix any technology issues they have and protection of their devices to ensure they quickly get a replacement or repair if anything does go wrong.
What you will be doing:
The Instructional Design position is responsible for consulting with internal stakeholders to create learning solutions, managing and creating instructional design training materials, collaborating with partners and across the company, and designing and developing learning solutions.
This role will design, develop and implement learning solutions for the Field Service organization in the Major Appliance Repair network. These solutions include knowledge of major appliance repair techniques and principles and hands-on learning in a lab environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop training course material using instructional design techniques in conjunction with adult learning theory
• Develop assessments to support and analyze learning effectiveness
• Design training and job aids for instructor-led and online delivery
• Develop learning goals to include audience, behavior, conditions, and standards
• Design and create a variety of materials, and apply fundamental research skills to instructional design projects
• Assess the current state of training content across Asurion’s accounts and facilitate improvements and creativity in the way training content is displayed and distributed
• Develop and implement multiple learning projects, learning games, distance learning, motion graphics, computer-based learnings, hands-on learning, etc.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Experience with the creative use of instructional design technologies
• Expertise in adult learning and all aspects of instructional design for various formats, including instructor-led, eLearning, mobile, and various types of performance support
• Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, manage heavy workloads and prioritize tasks
• Experience using Instructional Design software such as Storyline and Rise.
• Experience in major appliance repair or a related field and knowledge of major appliance repair principles
• Experience developing a learning program from the ground-up by partnering with SMEs, operations, and key stakeholders to strengthen key performance metrics and increase representative ramp to proficiency
• Experience translating complex information (i.e. schematics, electrical systems, etc.) into easily understood learning products
• Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Hands-on experience with mobile devices, tablets, computers, digital cameras, televisions, home audio, and/or appliances preferred
• Understanding of next generation technologies related to cloud, mobile, social, or big data
• Experience with administrative duties including submitting IT tickets and managing data
• 2+ years’ experience applying instructional design and adult learning methodologies to development and implementation of web-based training and other instructional materials
• Alternatively, 2+ years’ experience in a related creative professional field (web development, graphic design, animation, videography)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with major appliances preferred
• Master Technician certification a plus
We take care of you (benefits/perks):
• Competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and vision
• Retirement savings plan
• Paid time off
• Continuing education support
• Ongoing training to grow your skills
Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Every day our 19,500 experts help nearly 300 million people around the world solve the most common and uncommon tech issues. We’re just a call, tap, click or visit away for everything from getting a same-day replacement of your smartphone, to helping you stream or connect with no buffering, bumps or bewilderment. We think you should stay connected and get the most from the tech you love… no matter the type of tech or where you purchased it.
To apply, go to: https://careers.asurion.com/ShowJob/JobId/5778