Website The Appliance Care Company
Contact Andy Davies
Come join the #1 residential appliance repair company in KC – The Appliance Care Company (TACC)! We don’t micromanage our techs—we just ask that you do things the correct way and get appliances repaired.
The Appliance Care Company is the only in-home service company that is endorsed by the Toby Tobin radio show. The owner is on the radio show monthly here in Kansas City, 98.1 KMBZ.
Business is BOOMING and we are searching for experienced and excellent technicians who can expertly handle all types of service calls from diagnostic to repairs. We provide Spring and Fall Factory training and give you any support needed. We believe in top shelf and name brand and repair all appliances ie, Washers, Dryers, Microwaves, Wall-Ovens, Refrigerators, Gas and Electric Stoves, Dishwashers just to name a few.
As a tech for TACC you’ll have the ability to contact the factory tech support hotline for almost every appliance that you touch. You’ll never be left in the dark having to guess as to the failure.
Our employees are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service.
• 5-day work week (Saturdays available if desired) – Day shift.
• Company van, fuel card, smart phone and shirts Provided
• Certification training available
• Experienced techs have the option to receive commission pay after 90-day probationary period
• Can earn upwards of $75,000 yearly!!!
• Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair
• Properly diagnose the failure right the first time, no misses.
• Charge customers for repair work and collect payments upon completion
• Test Electrical circuits, outlets, power-supply and components
• Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, pulleys, rollers, circuit
boards and repair
• Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning/lubricating parts as needed.
• Confer with customers or users to assess problems
• Working mechanical knowledge including the use of tools and test equipment
• Sealed System experience and certification highly preferred
• Present oneself as an honest, clean-cut and polite professional
• Eager to learn new techniques and approaches
• Work independently and ensure accurate repair on the first visit.
• Drive fleet vehicle in a safe manner
• Ensure fast, flexible and expert service to each customer utilizing excellent time management.
• The ability to deal with a vast array of customers with varying levels of product knowledge.
• At least 1-2 years of appliance repair or refrigeration experience, preferred
• Estimate costs for labor and materials; recommend if appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
• Maintain repair or maintenance records.
• Conserve, recover, and recycle refrigerants used in cooling systems.
• Observe equipment in operation to detect potential problems
• Confirm Model and Serial numbers
• Clean and reinstall parts
• Proper notes and reporting on each ticket.
• Read technical information needed to perform maintenance or repairs
• Level refrigerators, adjust doors, and connect water lines to water pipes for ice makers and water dispensers,
• Level machines or equipment. Connect hoses to equipment or piping
• Assemble mechanical components or machine parts
• Install home appliances
• Repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment (Residential Appliances)
• Working directly with the public
• Updating and using relevant knowledge
• Making decisions and solving problems
• Handling and moving objects
• Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
• Communicating with supervisor, co-workers, and subordinates
• Mechanical – knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
• Experience – previous work-related skill, knowledge or experience is required for this occupation.
• Education – related on-the-job experience, On-line certification, or vocational school certificate
• Training – One to two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with
• Clean criminal background
• Be able to pass a drug test
• Must have current driver’s license
• Must have superior time management skills
• Must be able to perform parts research
• Team Player
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record for MO/KS (OR the state to which you are
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
• Provide own hand tools and all test equipment
• Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through high quality service.
• Great work ethic – Hard Working and On Time.
• Education: High School diploma or GED
• Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship
• Willing to work variable and flexible hours Monday thru Friday including overtime only if needed
• Must complete all technician training elements as required
• Maintain and account for all van inventory: parts, equipment, materials and testing tools.
• Monday to Friday
• Overtime occasionally
• Day shift
• United States (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $75,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org