Website Avalon Contracting, Inc.
Avalon Contracting, Inc. is a Veteran Owned Company and has been in business for over 22 years. We are looking for reliable individuals to help us repair, maintain, clean, and move Appliances throughout Fort Hood. We have a full-time position available that is perfect for individuals who like to make a difference in their work and help support our Nation.
This position is open and will be filled immediately, we are conducting interviews in the coming weeks in Killeen and by Telephone.
Candidates must have experience and the ability to:
• Repair Washers and Dryers (Formal Training not required but is preferred).
• Routinely lift, move, or relocate items up to 50 pounds
• Stand for long periods of time and continuously move throughout the day
• Work at least eight hours a day
• Kneel, bend, stoop, climb ladders, and all activities associated with maintenance.
• Safely operate a company provided van
• Pass drug screening
• Pass background check
• Communicate clearly in English both written and verbally
• Follow instructions and work well as part of the team and at times with limited supervision
Candidate must possess a current driver’s license with a good driving record.
Company provides: cell phone, uniforms, vehicle and gas card (to be used during working hours only and while on company business)
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid sick leave after first 90 days, you will earn one hour for every 30 hours worked
• 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service; 3 weeks after 10 years and 4 after 20 years.
• You will be eligible to participate in the company Simple IRA Plan after a period of 90 days. The company will match your contribution up to 3% of your salary